Sick Certificates

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.


You can download a form online and print it off using this link


If you are still unable to work after seven calendar days and require a Doctors Fit To Work Note – You must contact the Surgery and speak to a GP in the first instance.

If you require an extension to a Doctors Fit To Work Note – Please call and speak to a Receptionist


Please click on the link below for information if you require an Isolation Note for Covid-19.  Please see section ‘What to do if you have or might have coronavirus (Covid-19)’


Date published: 8th October, 2014
Date last updated: 22nd March, 2022