Informal List Size Closure
15.01.2024 – County Practice has put an informal list closure in place with immediate effect.
In line with the policy, we will not register any new patients.
The practice has been discussing the need to reduce the patient list size over several months. The list size has been growing steadily causing concern.
To enable the Practice to continue to deliver an effective and safe level of service to patients currently registered with us, we have reviewed our Change to Practice List policy and decided to implement an informal list closure.
We have not taken this decision lightly. We have liaised with the Patient Participation Group, the Local Medical Committee, and the Integrated Care Board.
The decision is under constant review and any changes will be communicated via the website.
The following are a list of the patients we will register in line with the policy,
- Newborn children of current patients
- Relatives of current patient who has moved in with them for care i.e., end of life.
- Residents of care homes within our practice area on a fair share basis with our neighbouring practice.
- Residents of LD homes within our practice are on a fair share basis with our neighbouring practice.
- University students returning to an address in the area.
- Boarders at boarding school in the practice area.
To aid you in finding a practice please be aware that the following practices are currently registering patients. Please check if you are within their practice area,
- Jubilee Medical Practice Syston, 0116 2950600
- Silverdale Medical Practice Thurmaston 0116 3662020
- Thurmaston Health Centre, Thurmaston 0116 2608844
- Manor Medical Centre, Thurmaston 0116 2986765
- Dr Lakhani’s Practice Sileby, 0150 9816364
- The Banks Surgery, Sileby, 01509 812343
Alternatively log on to Find a GP – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
If you have any questions relating to this matter, please contact the practice and ask to speak to the practice manager.
GP Partners, The County Practice
Drs Chidlow, Walwyn, Corner, Milne, and Chau